Noro Ideas

I recently purchased nine skeins of Noro Silk Garden in the 276 colorway. It's so pretty and I adore the greens with the splash of pink. The trouble is, I'm not quite sure what to do with it.

I've never made an adult sweater, so I'd kind of like to try that. I obviously don't have enough yarn for a full-blown raglan pullover, but a vest, shrug, bolero, or cropped sleeve cardigan would be acceptable.

Digging around on Ravelry and some Noro books from the yarn store that I work at gave me a few options, but I'm not quite sold on any of them.

I adore this pattern from Interweave Knits: Scoop Pullover by Cathy Carron (Ravelry link). I think it would work well with my shape and it would do justice to the Noro yarn. I'm fairly sure I would wear it as well. Definitely a seasonal top with the short sleeves, but that doesn't bother me too much. (photo on left)

I also really dig the Top-down Garter Stitch Yoke Vest by Naganasu (Ravelry link). It would be nice and easy for a first sweater project. I think it would showcase the Noro really nicely. (photo on right)

Digging around at work, I found the Noro Joy book by Jane Ellis. There were several patterns that I really liked, but my favorite was Doris (Ravelry link). The pattern was written for Noro in mind, so I know it will compliment the yarn nicely. I don't like it as much as the other two patterns though. (photo on left)

I also liked the Ribbed V-Neck Pullover by Jane Ellis (Ravelry link). Again, it's designed for Noro so I know it will look good. I really like v-necks, so that's definitely a positive. The ribbing will minimize the horizontal stripes formed by the yarn. (photo on the right)

It's something to think on, anyway. Of course, any feedback is appreciated!

1 comments:

china clay teapot said...

been endowed with rich shapes, from geometric shapes (round and square) to natural and textural shapes, which can be said to be ever-changing. Other ceramic products cannot be compared with it.
How to use purple sand pot
First five questions to buy a pot:
(1) what kind of tea do you like to drink
(2) what kind of tea do you like to drink
(3) what kind of clay and vessel do you like
(4) what is the ideal price (5) just practical or just buy and collect
Zisha pot is a coChina Purple Clay Teapotmbination of practical arts and crafts, beginners can see from the clay work style
Mudis the fundamental value of purple sand pot Yixing Purple Clay Teapot Setin China, only yixing Purple Clay Teapot With Infuserdingshan can be mined with a double porous structure of purple sand clay compHandmade Ceramic Teapotared with other pottery clay, a notable feature is that feel different vitreous objects, there will be sticky feeling, and the purple sand pot feels like bean paste, thin but not greasy, very comfortable
It refers to the overall coordination of the purple sand pot. It can be seen whCheap Ceramic Teapotsether thAuthentic Purple Clay Teapote spout cover and ha

Post a Comment