Danger: Yarngasms

The local yarn store that provides my paychecks (or what's left of them) just got in my favorite hand-dyed yarns yesterday! I was unbelievably excited and judging by the reactions of the customers that came in, I wasn't the only one. Seriously, I have rarely heard such ecstasy from our customers in response to a new yarn shipment. We should post a warning sign on the door - Danger: Yarngasms Ahead.

What was it that inspired such elation? Dream In Color and Pagewood Farm. The best yarns on the face of the planet, I'm pretty sure. Specifically, we got Starry and Knitosophy (2 of the 5 skeins were left when we closed last night) from Dream In Color, and Alyeska and Willow Creek from Pagewood Farm. We actually sold out of a colorway of Willow Creek before we closed.

Alyeska is my object of adoration and man did we get some gorgeous colorways! A skein of the Harvest colorway made it home with me, the Woodsy colorway may yet join my stash, and if we get more of the Maple Leaf colorway of Willow Creek, I will definitely adopt it (Maple Leaf was the colorway we sold out of already).

Now I just have to figure out what to make out of my Alyeska. The yarn feels too soft and luscious to make socks out of it, but I'm not ruling socks out. I am tempted to make a hat, a little shawlette, or a lacy scarf. Something that gets that gorgeousness off my feet and up near my face! Now soliciting suggestions!

1 comments:

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I am both unhappy and happy that I wasn't there when that shipment came in. Unhappy because I missed it (love love love those yarns!). Happy because I still have all the money I would have spent on them!
Do a lacy scarf or cowl - would be a shame to hide that under jeans and boots :)

Post a Comment