Pictures!

After a drought of completed projects, things are finally starting to come off the needles. This means, of course, lots of pictures!

Here's a new photo of the Baby Surprise Jacket (Ravelry link) modeled by Teddy:
I finally settled on some plain white plastic buttons. They aren't flashy or interesting, but they look nice on the jacket. That's all I can ask for! I also decided to scrap the matching baby hat. I was having some sizing issues and decided to give the remaining skein to my friend. She can use it as she sees fit and will hopefully be able to make something that will actually fit her child. Better than me guessing how big the baby will be in the fall, anyway.

Next up, the Darkside Cowl (Ravelry link) I just finished:Yes, that girl in the top photo is me. Yes, I'm squinting into the viewfinder because I can't get the display on my camera to work. And I'm blocking the flash with my hand so it doesn't wash out the photo. I totally know how to use my camera. Totally.

Sarcasm aside, I adored this pattern. It was a really quick knit when I sat down to spend time on it. The ribbing is great, so even though I probably should have knit it on larger needles, it's still plenty stretchy to fit around my head. The pattern is very attractive and it's made out of Malabrigo, so it's extra nice! Plus, I love the colorway. I would definitely make this again.

Now, I just have commissions to work on. I did a quick test-swatch for my grandmother's afghan today. The colors look lovely and I think the Old Shale/Feather and Fan pattern is exactly the way to go. All that remains is to figure out how to do colorwork. I'm not quite sure how to switch off colors every pattern repeat (4 rows). I don't know if I should cut the yarn after each repeat and have a million ends to sew in, or if I can figure out a way to carry the yarn like you do for intarsia. I'm guessing that cutting and sewing is probably the way to go.

I also need to suck it up and start knitting Kaitlyn's Reverie (Ravelry link). I'm so scared of making a gauge error that I haven't touched it since making those initial gauge swatches months ago. I gotta get going on it though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment