So, it's been a while...

I haven't been knitting as obsessively as I did last month, but am still working on a handful of projects. My knitting basket is coming along slowly. It's so easy to knit that it should be finished by now, except that it is my purse project. It accompanies me everywhere I go and when I have a few minutes, I pull it out and work on it. Because it is nothing but purls for 13 inches or more of fabric and it's knit on the round, I can pick it up and put it down instantaneously and not worry about losing my place.

The two hats I've been "working" on are really sleeping at the moment. Kaitlyn's hat is giving me fits because I knit so tightly. It's supposed to be knit on US 3s, but I think I'll have to knit it on 6s or 7s. This scares me probably more than it should. The lace hat is still on time out until I decide to get back to it, probably after I finish Kaitlyn's hat.

My Verona shawl is lovely but is frustrating as well. I'm still not a fast knitter and the laceweight yarn makes it go so much more slowly. I've set it aside for now so it doesn't distract me. I'd rather get my other wips done first.

I'm also working on a baby cardigan for my friend Amy. I have about two months to get it done. I've gone through several different yarns and several different patterns in an attempt to find a combination I like. I think I've finally hit on one, but I won't know for sure until I'm a ways in. I won't post it on Ravelry until I'm finished because it's been through so many variations already. I got tired of updating!

In other news, I got my set of Addi Click knitting needles. My friends assured me that Addi Turbos would change my life and I'd have to agree with their assessment. I love them so much! Yes, they were expensive, but so worth the money!

And my completely random thought of the day:
I am now a Lovecraft fan for life, having finally picked up a book of his short stories and read about half of them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment