Reverie

I finally finished my cousin's hat today. I used the Reverie pattern from Knitty (Ravelry link). I really liked the pattern, but being a new knitter, it certainly gave me fits.

The decreases really gave me trouble, particularly after I switched to dpns. I got so stuck at one point (rows 14/15) that I had to drive to my LYS (Borealis Yarn) to get some help. They got me straightened out and I was able to finish the hat without any more trouble.

My sister would like me to make her the Reverie now, after seeing Kaitlyn's hat completed. I looked at fingering weight yarns when I was at Borealis this afternoon and picked out a couple skeins I thought she might like. Here's a photo of Araucania Ranco Multy 310 (left) and Dream in Color Smooshy in Some Summer Sky (right). The color is a little washed out from my flash, but it's pretty close.

0 comments:

Post a Comment