In which I grump about lace-weight yarn

I bought the Morehouse Yarns Verona Shawl kit because I thought it would be the perfect introduction to lace-weight yarn. Straight stockinette stitch through the body, super soft yarn... Can't be too bad, right?

Well, I tried working on it during American Idol last night and either I cannot knit during American Idol, or the lace weight yarn and I don't get along. I managed to get two rows done in an hour and made three mistakes. I'm ripping it out this morning and starting over. Maybe I'll give it a time-out so I can work on these two hats - Easy Lace Cap and Reverie Hat.

I need to get my bicycle out of storage and get it cleaned up so I can start riding around. I have great ambitions of riding my bike to the fantastic yarn store located the next suburb over.

And I haven't taken any photographs of yarn yet. I know, I know... I've had a lot going on lately! Well, not really. I have a lot going on in comparison to the previous year. It's taking some work to readjust to a faster pace of life. And let me tell you, I don't like living at a faster pace. This is why I drink tea and try to get places ridiculously early so I have time to knit. Tea takes time to brew and drink properly. It's a forced slow-down of my day. And really, getting up at 5:30 in the morning so I can get to work by 9am is a compromise of my sister's schedule (we share a bathroom and I'm the one accommodating her) and Twin Cities traffic. Ideally, I get to work 45 mins early, which is just enough time to sit down, chill out a little (after Twin Cities traffic), and knit a row or two on my future knitting basket.

Well, enough rambling. I have a date with the bench outside my work!

0 comments:

Post a Comment