Shepherd's Harvest Sheep & Wool Festival

I spent my weekend at the Shepherd's Harvest Sheep and Wool Festival in Lake Elmo, MN. It was my very first fiber festival and I was completely overwhelmed. I had a great time though! I learned some new things, saw many amazing hand-knits, tons of beautiful yarn, and lots and lots of animals!

My aunt has a llama farm and fiber mill and she brought three llamas with her to the show. I decided to go so I could help her out, though she didn't need me to do a whole lot. Llamas are very low maintenance! I spent most of my time wandering around the four vendor barns, admiring everything for sale.

I am completely exhausted and headed to bed in a minute or two, but I wanted to post about the highlights before I forgot.

1) I found a lys near my house! The Yarn Garage in Rosemount, MN is within bicycling distance of my house and I'm planning on stopping by sometime this week to check it out. I'm very excited about having a shop so close to home!

2) My aunt has offered to give me a spinning wheel! I just need to find a spinning class somewhere...

3) I got my first knitting commission! I'm knitting the Reverie hat for my cousin, Kaitlyn. She purchased the yarn and I'm going to make it for her.

4) There were so many beautiful yarns at the festival that I had trouble keeping my money in my pocket. I managed to limit my spending fairly well though and only got three skeins of gorgeous yarn. When I'm less sleepy, I'll take some pictures and post them here so you may enjoy some yarn p0rn!

0 comments:

Post a Comment