It's Dangerous!

Oh, credit card, thou art deadly.

I may have gone on a little yarn purchasing binge last week. Not the smartest thing in the whole world, but at least I have enough projects to keep me busy for a very, very long time. There's always a silver lining right?

There were a few projects in my Ravelry queue that I was coveting. I decided that I may as well get the yarn to make them and then I'll have enough to keep me occupied for the summer. Of course, I plum forgot about the Shepherds Harvest Sheep & Wool Festival this weekend. My aunt is bringing some of her llamas and I've offered to help. I even took the weekend off work so I'd be available. I will have to institute a strict spending limit so I don't buy too much yarn, though!

As far as wips go, I'm working on a really great knitting basket, the baby cardigan for my friend, and the evil lace cap. The knitting basket is fantastic because it's something I can pick up and put down any time. It's the perfect thing to work on at work when I have spare time because I can put it down as soon as a customer walks in and not worry about losing my spot. The downside is that it will take me forever to finish at this rate.

As far as the baby cardigan is concerned, it was on hiatus until I obtained appropriate needles. Those came last week, so I've finally got a start on the gauge swatch. Once I get going on it, I think it will knit up nice and quick.

The evil lace cap is having a timeout again. I've lost count of how many times I've ripped the whole thing out. I'm really tempted to forget it and move on to something else, but it's really good practice and I should finish it. I do need to learn those skills and this hat is a good way to practice lace knitting.

Next in line are a few more dishcloths, another shawl, and maybe some socks. I have a lot of projects in the queue, but those are probably good intermediate projects before I dive headlong into sweaters, colorwork, and whatever other crazy projects I have cooking!

0 comments:

Post a Comment